Raje` Interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raje` Interview

1) So Raje you have the internet and the streets going nuts right now! What do you feel like you have to offer the rap game that many artists coming out don�t at this time? What sets you apart?

I think I have real songs� Heartfelt songs. Everything I make is from the heart. Take a song like Loser: no one thinks you�re going to make a track calling yourself a loser, but it was really written for my generation that everyone feels IS a loser. So, its like, yea we�re losers, so what. We can only go up from there�

2) So you have two hits with lil wayne right now, �So Fly� and �Loser� how is it working with an artist of his caliber?

It feels like a dream come true. Ive never been one to be star struck, so its not like I was nervous or anything like that. But just for him to take his time and make the songs happen, when so many in the game procrastinate and fake.

3) What other artist have you worked with or are you interested in working with in the future?

I�ve worked with Lloyd, Ron Browz, Goldie Locc, Glases Malone, Bone thugs n Harmony and a few others.
    In the future I�d like to reach out to Dr Dre� He is the epitome of westcoast rap so that�s a must.
    I�m actually supposed to go in with Rick Ross soon so that�s a good look. Jay and Nas are at the top of the list as well.

4) Tell us about the current project you are working on right now, are you looking at a particular release date?

Right now Im workin on my album Famous Nobody..the title may change.. Hopefully I can get that out in 2010. But I have my mixtape which is really an album itself because its all original. Its in the streets heavy right now and Im lookin to drop it for free download soon.

5) So your new single �so fly �featuring lil wayne is a hit! I�m hearing it everywhere in the clubs on the radio everywhere how did it come about what inspired it?

Well, it really came about from my personal style and persona. When I wrote it, I was living in LA and everyone knows its like a damn fashion show. But it was just a testament to how Im not concerned with brand names, or platinum and gold, but I still get that love. I just dress geeky I think, in my vans and dcs, may throw on the jordans or whatever it is that I see and lke. Alos with the music, its just like, Im able to hop on a track w/ goldie locc from the eastsidaz and still go holla at wayne, maybe get on some Common type shit and do it the best its been done. That�s some fly shit and I don�t know how I do it like that..hahah
    6) What other artist influence you?

Bone thugs and harmony are the reason I�m rapping at all. I loved how they could be so different but gel together like that. Then we got Jay Z, Nas, Eminem and the whole deathrow Now I have heard your mix tape your welcome , and I have to say its very diverse what is it like being a west cost artist that doesn�t fit the stereotypical gangbanging and drug dealing?
    movement including tupac. I also love artists that say whatever they are feeling like Kanye common etc.
    7) What is it like being a westcost artist that doesn�t fit in to the stereotypical gangbanging

I think at first it was hard to accept personally. Because on the west, anywhere you go (studio) that�s whats gonna be rapped about.. Not everywhere, but for the most part of where Ive been. And its like when I get on a track, I just don�t want to say anything that Im not about. So its like I stick out like a swore thumb. But at the same time, that�s also what garners me a lot of attention. I just feel like if I want to hear gangbang music, Ima throw on snoop and his camp.

Now I�ve heard about you having deals on the table with Universal, Kotch and Young Money, have you signed with anyone or is Raje� still a free agent?

Raje� is a free agent. Those labels have taken interest in me, enough to let it be known but the situation just hasn�t been up to par for me to sign. So until then, I stay independent.

9) What would you want your fans to know about Raje� that they may not know already?

Just that Im just like them. When I go on these highschool tours and just different shows I do. Its just like, I can relate to what they�re going through. And I accept them as they are and hopefully they can accept me�
    10) Do you have anyone you want to shout out?

Jesus off top. He makes all possible.

Interview by Aimer for THE SOURCE MAGAZINE

CHECK OUT RAJE NOW at www.myspace.com/raje101

Re: Raje` Interview

I thought he was signed YM West?
    Still long hair, don't care like a Navajo

I'm spittin new shit, u shud check it out
    viewtopic.php?f=12&t=8792

Comment

Working...
    X